What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Dog Days of Summer?


Things have continued to be quiet here on the blog and have been for the better part of the year.  For the past few weeks, the heat and humidity have certainly not helped things either. Sometimes, I wish it was just that but most of my year has kept me busy for one reason or another and things just don't seem to be winding down the way I would like them to.  I'm trying to do a minimal amount of gaming and have successfully launched a Call of Cthulhu game (7th Edition).  It's a monthly game due to the lack of time and scheduling conflicts but the game (and system) thus far has passed the bar for the group and somehow, we are able to maintain a semblance of momentum.  To fill the gaming gap, the odd tabletop boardgame and random intervals of occasional video games (Forza and Doom lately) have helped keep me sane.

The 9-5 gig is really wearing me down these past couple of months and I'm hoping things will improve for the better.  I could probably use a nice vacation but, with present circumstances, won't be able to really get away this year.  So, I still need to get back to regular painting (my miniatures), and get back to some of my writing and publishing projects.  The book I am editing is about to get a lot more of my attention this month so that I can wrap that project up in order to tackle other longstanding ones.

So, as these dog days of summer begin to wind down later this month, I'm hoping to ramp up things on the creative end of the spectrum.  :)

Speaking of winding down, GenCon is wrapping up today and it looks like it was a lot of fun.  I'm so sorry that I couldn't go this year but am committed to next year's event!  A few noteworthy kickstarters are also wrapping up but... there are ALWAYS kickstarters wrapping up.  A couple in particular are worth mentioning... there is the Hallowed Oracle adventure path for Castles & Crusades which can be found HERE and, if you are an Evil Dead fan and like boardgames, you may want to check this campaign wrapping up HERE.  I'll have more to say on the latest C&C campaign in my next post.

Well, I have several things left on my to-do list before the reset button is pushed and the cycle begins a new tomorrow.  Need to get to it.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment