What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Roadtrip to GenCon 2014!

Well, what started as a 'what-if' has resulted in book hotel, transportation, and tickets leading to this year's Gen Con!  I have never been to Gen Con and, honestly, I have never been to a *real* gaming convention.  But I've been to conventions.  The wife is coming along too -- she is more of a casual gamer but with so much to do, she isn't at all worried about being bored.  We are also traveling with two other friends and, the try and cut costs were possible, have decided to make this into a road trip.  It will be a very long 16 hour road trip and likely a good test of friendships all around!

We're all looking forward to it though I do have a few additional things to attend to in the next month or so to make sure everything is set -- like renewing my passport.

Costs were quite reasonable, considering my share of everything is costing me just over $400.  The only thing I will have to worry about is food and spending money.  Given the nature of the trip, I think I'm doing quite well.

I think the greatest aspect of this trip to Gen Con is finally getting a chance to met a bunch of online acquaintances and possibly game with a few of them as well.

I think it will also mean that I will step up some of my selling before the trip to see if I can raise additional funds for the convention.  ;)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment