What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Codex Nordica Kickstarter

Well, the newest Kickstarter by Troll Lord Games is up and this time, they are pimping the 'Codex Nordica'.  Those subscribed to their newsletter were informed earlier today of the newest project letting us know about the 'soft launch' of the Kickstarter effort.  It officially launches this evening at 9pm CST.  While it isn't advertised on the Kickstarter, there is a special bonus for those who pledge $49+ before it officially launches tonight... as extra perfect-bound softcover copy of the book.

If you are looking for better bang for your buck and you really liked what the Codex Celtarum had to offer (I wrote a review of it HERE), I suggest you head on over to Kickstarter and make your pledge!

You can reach the page HERE.

With regards to this Kickstarter's pricing, $10 gets you the PDF, $30 gets you the hardcover and PDF, $49 gets you book, PDF, module, poster, and something from Fat Dragon Games.  There are a couple of add-ons and additional pledge levels but $125 will be needed if you want a leather bound book in addition to your hardback.  Stretch goals are planned but only a couple have been revealed.

The $125 level is tempting but I'm hoping that future stretch goals will make this pledge level more worth while.

For those of you still here wondering what this or that other Codex was all about...  In short, Codex Nordica will be reminiscent of the Historical Reference series published by TSR for Second Edition AD&D.  If you are like me, then you'll fondly recall those great books and this one will be like the Vikings book in many ways.  In other ways, I expect this book to be quite different.  I was pleasantly surprised with the first Codex book that TLG published.  It was well written with a nice overview of the folklore and mythology as opposed to just the historical reference material with relevant gaming crunch.  I expect Codex Nordica to be similar in this regard and, I anticipate that I will probably enjoy it more than the Celtic book simply because the mythology and culture of the Norse interests me more.

Happy Gaming!

** EDIT ** With 5 hours to go in the soft-launch, the project made it to its goal -- only 32 days remain for some stretch goals!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment